CHOOSING A PROPERTY MANAGER
Property Investor Checklist for selecting the property manager that’s right for you.
Property Leasing Checklist
- Does the agency staff members personally show prospective tenants through properties or do they hand out keys?
- How does the agency market available properties for lease? Do they keep an updated rental list at the front for prospective tenants to take and peruse?
- Review current listings on the real estate website. Are the photos and information at a high standard? Keep track of how quickly properties are rented and removed from the website.
- How long does the agent’s tenancy selection take? Can they have a tenant approved and moved on the same day?
- How much information is obtained from applicants for properties and what information is verified?
- On average how long does it take to find a new tenant?
- What is your current vacancy rate?
Property Management Checklist
- What is your process for dealing with rent arrears?
- What is you process for reviewing & negotiating the rent on my property?
- What is your process for dealing with repairs and maintenance?
- What steps do you take to ensure that all maintenance work is competitively priced?
- How frequently will you inspect my property?
- What is the experience level of the staff members who will be leasing and managing my property?
- Does the agency reward tenants for keeping the property clean and tidy?
- How long will you take to respond to my emails or missed phone calls?
- What are your procedures with smoke alarms?
- Do you send rent statements by email and deposit rental funds electronically?
- Do you disburse rent money weekly?
Customer Service Checklist
- What references do you have from satisfied clients?
- Do you provide a service guarantee?
- What back up staff are there in the event my property manager is sick or on holidays?
- How frequently will you communicate with me and what form will it take?
- Do you provide internet Login facility to access the latest financial information about my property?