1 Property Centre act as agent for landowners and property owners (our clients) in the selling and leasing of their property. As an agent, we are required to share personal information collected from you with our clients.
We understand your concern about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We are committed to supporting the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) and our procedures relating to personal information are designed to ensure that you are fully protected under Australian privacy laws.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information when you send us emails, submit electronic queries to us, subscribe to our databases or speak to one of our representatives.
This personal information may include your name, contact numbers, email and mailing address, and details of the types of properties you may express interest in purchasing, renting or obtaining further information about.
Without your personal information, we may be unable to provide our services to you.
HOW WILL WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US?
You authorise us to use your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided by you. Any personal information collected may be used and disclosed by us, so that we can carry out our duties and responsibilities as an estate agency. You specifically authorise the following use and disclosure of your personal information by us:
- to provide you with any services that you have requested from us;
- to provide you with information about the kinds of properties where you have expressed an interest;
- to reply to your queries about us and the services that we provide;
- disclosures to existing clients, including vendors and landlords of real property.
- disclosures to potential buyers, to property inspection consultants, to tradespeople, to bodies corporate, to financial institutions, government and statutory bodies, legal representatives, accountants, business consultants and other third parties, as required by law, including to and through media organisations on the internet.
- disclosures to our third party consultants such as those consultants who from time to time may manage our database and/or computer system and/or who undertake the advertising and marketing on behalf of the entity known as 1 Property Centre and 1 Property Centre Rentals, or specifically your property;
- disclosures to potential tenants, to tradespeople and to other sources related to acting as property managers for a landlord;
- disclosures to the landlord, referees or other agents and operators of third party tenancy databases or such other sources as deemed necessary, where a tenant/s has failed to comply with the obligations and responsibilities specified in a tenancy agreement or for the purposes of evaluating the suitability and identity of a tenant/s for a property;
- any other disclosures incidental to our carrying out our functions as a professional real estate agency;
- disclosures necessary to investigate or resolve complaints concerning the provision of services by us or others associated with us;
- disclosures to our professional advisers and third party consultants, including but not limited to our accountants, auditors, legal advisers, information technology consultants.
- any other disclosures as permitted under the Act or required by law.
You also agree that we may add your personal information including, name, address, mobile and telephone numbers, facsimile number and email address and any other information provided by you to us in relation to your property enquiry on our database. The 1 Property Centre and 1 Property Centre Rentals database is used for ongoing marketing, marketing research and sales-related purposes, including to generate statistics about the types of properties that people are searching for and to develop electronic and hard copy database for the production of marketing lists, mail-outs. Our marketing and sales activities may include sending you promotional material by email or printed material, so that you can be kept up to date with property related information or other initiatives undertaken by us, including financial services, provided you have consented to receiving marketing and promotional material from us.
WILL PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
If we are required by law or if we believe that there is a threat to a person’s health or safety, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party. We will not sell any personally identifiable information that you give us to any third party. Nor will we disclose your personal information to any third party except for our clients in the course of our agency responsibilities, for the purpose of allowing them to market their products or services to you.
We will not transfer your personal information to a recipient overseas unless you consent, we are required to do so by law or it is required in the course of providing legal services to you.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION ACCURATE AND SAFE?
We understand that security of personal information is important to you. We aim to take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is not the subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration and is accurate and up to date. We also endeavour to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if we no longer require this information. In some circumstances, however, your information can never be completely destroyed due to legal or accounting requirements.
Our website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet. You should be aware that there is an inherent risk transmitting information across the internet.
CAN YOU ACCESS PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD ABOUT YOURSELF?
You should keep us informed about all changes to your personal information. If you wish to know what personal information we hold about you or to correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or call us on 07 4662 6535 or 07 4641 7870.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL VIA EMAIL
You may choose to opt out of our marketing communication activities. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional materials via email from us please email us, and let us know, being sure to provide us with your name and address. We will then remove your name from direct marketing lists.
This Policy was last updated on 3 April 2018.